Tuesday 19 October 2010

My Desktop Background

This is My final Desktop design. For several weeks now we have been designing our own desktop background suitible for a variety of ages. First of all we hand drawed our design on paper, once finished we took a photograph and uploaded to the pc. I then imported the image to Photoshop cs3, and then started to crop the background so there was only the main image on a chosen coloured background.
Once placed on the background I imported the text called "blazed" from http://www.dafont.com/ and added the school logo. When that was finished I used some brushes to make purples lines to make it look more presentable, after that I added the 5 college regulations that we thought was most important, these of which would stand out, so the user can read them clearly. I then moved the icons (shortcuts) into places where it was easy to navigate.

This is the text style I have used.
Above is my final 4 designs drawn, I chose top left. The design turned out different than expected, but I was happy with the result.

I think if i was going to remake the same image (background) I would do a few things differently
  • Different Colours for the dragon
  • Different textures
  • Different Flame Styles
  • Different logo Style

The picture on my right, is the photo I took with the camera then uploaded to photoshop. I hand drew this and it turned out how I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment